Looking for a firsthand, unbiased Oculus Proxies review?
Sit back and keep on scrolling because we’ve got you covered!
In this comprehensive article, you’ll find out:
- What type of proxies does Oculus Proxies offer?
- Which use cases does the company cover?
- Are their services overpriced?
- What is the best alternative for Oculus Proxies?
We’ve also prepared a few key points for Oculus Proxies, which you can find down below.
Let’s get weaving!
Oculus Proxies Summary:
- Is Oculus Proxies a legit company: Yes, Oculus Proxies is a legit and renowned company. ✅
- Is Oculus Proxies safe to use: Oculus Proxies is entirely safe to use. ✅
- How good are Oculus Proxies’ services: Oculus Proxies’s proxies work just fine. ✅
- Is Oculus Proxies Expensive: Oculus Proxies’s services are expensive, and they ask for big monthly commitments. ❌
- Is Oculus Proxies worth the money: No, it’s definitely not. They lack many features and have a small number of use cases. ❌
- What is a good Oculus Proxies alternative: Undoubtedly, the best alternative for Oculus Proxies is Proxyland. They offer a huge pool of residential proxies, and everyone can afford them. 🏆
What Is Oculus Proxies?
Oculus proxies is primarily a dedicated sneaker proxy provider.
The company offers two types of proxies:
Now, if you’re not familiar with the terms, data center proxies come from various data centers that sit in different locations worldwide.
In this case, those locations are in the UK:
And in the US:
- New York
Datacenter proxies are much faster than residential and are usually much cheaper.
They are great for various use cases such as:
- Price monitoring
- Ad verification, etc.
Unfortunately, they don’t state the number of datacenter IPs they sell.
On the other hand, residential IPs belong to real people and can be traced to an actual physical area or place.
Nevertheless, they’re slower than datacenter proxies but are more secure and reliable.
Because of that, they are a better solution for the following use cases:
- Social media automation
- Sneaker copping
- Data scraping
- SEO & SERP analysis
However, it’s worth mentioning that Oculus is also a specialized proxy provider. They offer a pool of 15 million residential IPs catered to specific sneaker sites.
We couldn’t find the exact locations of their residential IPs, and they state how not all of the IPs from this residential pool are dedicated to their users.
We’re not exactly sure what that means.
Anyways, to get started with Oculus Proxies, you’ll need to click on the SIGN UP in the upper right corner and enter only your full name, email address and create a password.
After that, you’ll be immediately redirected to the Oculus dashboard, which is pretty simple to use.
Oculus Proxies Features
Let’s take a glance at Oculus Proxies main features:
- IP authentication
Unfortunately, Oculus Proxies only offers IP authentication and no user/password one.
- Fast proxies
Oculus Proxies offers indeed fast working proxies which can handle heavy traffic releases.
They provide 100GBPS dedicated servers, which is outstanding.
- Unlimited number of IPs
With any standard residential plan you choose, you can generate thousands of proxies during drops.
You can generate as many proxies as you wish.
Oculus Proxies offers a limited number of locations for datacenter proxies, which is another downside of the service. You can only target the UK and the US.
As for residential plans, they claim how they cover multiple different locations worldwide.
However, we couldn’t find which ones as they don’t state that on their website.
- Sticky and rotating sessions
The company offers both sticky and rotating sessions.
Sticky sessions are great for sneaker copping or when purchasing from Shopify, as you will need the same IP address during the entire checkout process.
On the other hand, with rotating sessions, your IP will change with every new request or every few minutes.
- Unlimited bandwidth
Oculus Proxies provide unlimited bandwidth for datacenter plans, as they charge you per IP.
- Helpful customer support
We were honestly pleased with their customer support. They are available 24/7, and you can contact them via email.
The only downside is that they don’t have a live chat.
How Much Does Oculus Proxies Cost?
Have a look at Oculus Proxies’s price plans:
They offer weekly or 1,2, and 3 months subscription plans.
If we consider that Oculus Proxies are mostly (if not only) used for sneaker copping, it’s great they have weekly plans.
That means you can purchase a specific weekly plan and use it for a big sneaker release.
And that’s what we’ll advise you – to use it for a short while only. Otherwise, you’ll be spending a lot of money each month for proxies that have a limited number of features.
As for residential plans, you’ll have to sign up to see the plans.
We’ll save you some time:
The price per GB of data for a residential plan starts at $15. That’s way too expensive if you want to use them for a more extended period or require a lot of traffic.
There are much cheaper proxy providers that offer much more than Oculus does.
For example, Proxyland is 5 times cheaper and offers:
- Affordable packages ($2,9 for 1GB of data)
- No huge monthly commitments
- A large pool or residential IPs
- Reliable and fast proxies
- Unlimited concurrent connections, etc.
Oculus Proxies vs. Competitors
Take a look at other proxy providers I listed below and check out what they have to offer compared to Oculus Proxies:
Is Oculus Proxies Safe, Legit, Or a Scam?
Oculus Proxies is a legitimate company, which services are safe to use.
Their website is HTTPS secure as well as their payment gateways.
They won’t scam you or steal your data.
However, it’s important to note that they don’t offer refunds.
Oculus Proxies Pros and Cons
Let’s wrap up this article:
|Fast proxies||A limited number of locations|
|Trustworthy company||Only IP authentication|
|No live chat CS|
|A small number of use cases|
|A small number of residential IPs|
|A limited number of features|
Better Oculus Proxies Alternatives
Oculus Proxies turned out to be a good option for copping sneakers.
However, they still don’t guarantee their proxies will work on particular sneaker sites, and you can quickly get banned.
The best alternative we found so far for Oculus Proxies is unquestionably Proxyland.
Proxyland offers more features for 5 times less money:
- $29 for 10GB use of data
- Pay-as-you-go option
- 100,000+ fresh residential IPs
- Excellent uptime
- Wide range of features
- Various use cases
- Around the clock customer support
Should You Try Oculus Proxies Or Not?
Here’s the short overview:
Oculus Proxies is for you if:
- You want to cop a pair of sneakers
- You want to use it for a short while
- You’re prepared to set aside vast amounts of money for proxies
Oculus Proxies is not for you if:
- You want to use it for other than sneaker shopping
- You want a proxy provider in the long run
- You have a limited budget
- You seek affordable packages
- You want to target outside of the US or UK
- You require a wide range of features
- You don’t want to pay for monthly commitments
More affordable alternative: Proxyland
- Affordable for everyone
- Suited for small and mid-sized companies
- Discounts for bulk
- Wide range of features
- No big monthly commitments
- Custom packages
Oculus Proxies is limited in so many ways but charges a hefty fee for its services.
If you want to be able to use your proxies for different use cases other than sneaker copping, we advise you to go with Proxyland.