Our Leaf Proxies review discloses everything we found out about this proxy provider after using its proxies for two months.
Is it what you need to enhance your internet surfing and get the necessary anonymity? Does it have high-quality proxies?
The most important findings are right below in the summary section. But do check out the whole thing if you have the time!
Leaf Proxies Summary:
- Is Leaf Proxies a legit company: Affirmative! They are a legit company. ✅
- Is Leaf Proxies safe to use: Their proxies are safe, and payment gateway secure. ✅
- How good is Leaf Proxies’ service: Leaf Proxies’ service is good. ✅
- What’s the price: The price of data is very high. ❌
- Is Leaf Proxies worth the money: Ultimately, no. You’ll be paying through the nose. ❌
- Are there any better alternatives to Leaf Proxies: There is a proxy provider that has the same features but is 6 times cheaper – Proxyland. 🏆 (More info below)
What is Leaf Proxies?
Leaf Proxies is a proxy provider that sells both types of proxies:
Should you need just that additional layer of security, datacenter proxies are a good choice.
They are more for general purposes, e.g.:
- Email protection
- Accessing geo-restricted apps, etc.
However, as they are not associated with real users, datacenter proxies might get banned or blacklisted by search engines and websites.
Therefore, if you need proxies for any of the following uses:
- Price comparison
- Data scraping
- Travel fare aggregation
- Sneaker and shopping bots
- Ad verification
- SEO research
- Social media bots
Residential proxies will be a much better choice.
Key Leaf Proxies Features
- Large proxy pool
Leaf Proxies’ proxy pool entails over 100 million residential IPs, which is impressive. Kudos to them for such a large base.
Also, Leaf Proxies’ residential IPs come from many countries around the world, which is another plus.
On the other hand, their datacenter proxies are restricted to the USA and UK.
The data you buy is available for use in the next 60 days from the moment of purchase.
It’s handy that there’s a possibility to roll data over into the next subscription plan. But to do so, you’ll have to buy more data while your current plan is still active.
They support both IP address whitelisting and the username and password authentication. You can choose one of them after you purchase your subscription.
- Customer support
Leaf Proxies does not offer onsite live customer support.
You can reach them via Twitter, where they also post successful results of their proxies used for copping sneakers.
How Much Does Leaf Proxies Cost?
Leaf Proxies has separate pricing plans for datacenter and residential proxies.
The former are charged per the number of proxies, and the latter per GB of data.
Take a look at them:
As you can see in the pictures, most of their datacenter plans (except the daily ones) were sold out at the time when we purchased Leaf Proxies’ IPs.
That was OK since we were primarily interested in residential proxies, as they offer many more possibilities.
However, if you want to get Leaf Proxies’ datacenter proxies, keep in mind that they are often out of stock.
When it comes to their residential tariff plans, they are too expensive.
The price per GB starts at $19.50 and doesn’t go much lower ($16.8 if you opt for a 4-GB package), and the data only lasts for two months.
That is way too expensive, considering that you get residential IPs for much less elsewhere.
Proxyland is 6 times cheaper, and:
- It costs $2.9 per 1GB
- You can pay as you go and use the data whenever you want
- Same features
- 99.9% uptime
- Large proxy pool
- 100+ countries worldwide
- Excellent data monitoring
- Intuitive dashboard
- The possibility to save up with bulk packages
Leaf Proxies vs. Competitors
If you seek a reliable provider, take a look at our comparison table and check out how Leaf Proxies scores against the competition:
Is Leaf Proxies Safe, Legit, Or a Scam?
While Leaf Proxies is too expensive – or better yet, overpriced for what it offers – there’s no need to question its legitimacy.
The company is transparent about who they are, they’ve been in the business for quite some time, and they know their target audience: corporate companies.
They won’t steal your data or anything similar.
Leaf Proxies Pros and Cons
Here’s a summary of Leaf Proxies’ advantages and disadvantages:
|A varied offer||Overpriced for its features|
|Safe to use||The price for a GB of data is astronomically high|
|Doesn’t fit into individuals’ budget|
|Is tailored only to large companies|
|You are paying for the brand|
Better Leaf Proxies Alternatives
As we’ve seen, Better Leaf Proxies’ data costs an arm and a leg.
You don’t have to pay that much when some other proxy providers offer the SAME features for much less money.
6 times cheaper, the best Leaf Proxies alternative is Proxyland.
With it, you’ll get:
- The same quality of proxies
- Only $2.9 per GB (as opposed to $19.5 with Leaf Proxies)
- Suitable offers for individuals
- Excellent deals if you are running a small or mid-sized company
- Fast residential IPs
- 99% uptime
- All the use cases, from data extraction to sneaker bots
- The data doesn’t expire
It doesn’t get much better than that, even though we’ve tried countless proxy providers so far.
So, until we find a more affordable one with those features, Proxyland will stay on the throne.
Should You Try Leaf Proxies or Not?
Here’s a checklist to help you find an answer to this question:
Leaf Proxies is for you if:
- You are a large company
- Your budget allows you to spend thousands of dollars on proxies
- You just want to obtain proxies regardless of the price tag
Leaf Proxies is not for you if:
- You want an affordable solution
- You are a solopreneur
- You are a medium-sized company
- You have a limited budget
- You pay attention to your spending habits
- Find Leaf Proxies’ pricing plans too expensive (with which we agree 100%)
More affordable alternative: Proxyland
- The price per GB is $2.9
- 6 times cheaper
- Excellent for individuals and companies of all sizes
- Reliable residential proxies
- Great uptime
- Fast response
- Over 100 countries covered
- Large proxy pool
- Customizable plans and discounts
What else to say at the end of this Leaf Proxies review?
The final verdict is simple:
Leaf Proxies is focused on big corporations.
If you are a solopreneur or a mid-scale company like us, you’ll find better alternatives that are cheaper and affordable for everyone – and not at the cost of quality.
One of them is Proxyland.