Our Iced Out Proxies review leaves no questions unanswered.
If you want to get proxies from this provider, it’s crucial that you inform yourself about everything they offer and the quality of their services.
And you are on the right track, as we’ve addressed it all – the features, the pricing, the good, the bad, and the in-between.
Below is a recap of our findings, but it’s highly recommended that you read the full review for more details!
IcedOut Proxies Summary:
- Is IcedOut Proxies a legit company: Yes, they are a legitimate company that was founded in 2017. ✅
- Is IcedOut Proxies safe to use: IcedOut Proxies is completely safe. ✅
- How good is IcedOut Proxies’ service: The service is OK, and they’ll get you what they promise to, though we wish it had more features. ✅
- What’s the price: IcedOut comes with steep pricing plans and big commitments. ❌
- Is IcedOut Proxies worth the money: No. You’ll be paying more than you should. ❌
- Are there any better alternatives to IcedOut Proxies: Luckily, yes! Proxyland is the best IcedOut Proxies alternative. It has better features, and it’s more affordable! (Check out more info down below.) 🏆
What Is IcedOut Proxies?
IcedOut Proxies is one of the companies that sell proxies. More precisely, they offer two types:
- Datacenter proxies
- Residential proxies
Residential proxies route your requests through IPs belonging to real users, and they are connected to an ISP.
As a result, residential proxies are much more difficult to detect and get blacklisted.
This is vital if you are using proxies for social media automation or data scraping.
Bot countermeasures will block or ban you if you use automation software of any kind, so it’s useful to use rotating residential proxies here.
However, there’s a big disadvantage to IcedOut Proxies’ residential proxies: They are only made for sneaker copping.
They are released with a particular drop, so they won’t be readily available to you (you can always check the delivery time on their website).
Not only are their residential proxies only optimized for sneakers, but they are also restricted solely to the US.
So, it’s safe to say that the usability of IcedOut residential proxies is limited.
Their datacenter proxies can be beneficial mostly for things that revolve around cybersecurity, such as:
- Data protection
- Preventing cyber attacks
- Monitoring internet usage, etc.
Key IcedOut Proxies Features
When we say IcedOut Proxies features are mediocre, here’s what we mean:
- Smart proxies
OK, this is a good one.
IcedOut Proxies use efficient IPv4 protocol. In theory, IPv6 might be a little faster, but IPv4 is still more widely used.
All of their IPs are tested before they deliver them to their customers, so you’ll get what you paid for.
- Proxy pool
IcedOut states that its proxy pool is around 110,000 IPs.
This is average; certainly not the worst or the best we’ve seen.
- Geographical targeting
Now, this is a feature where IcedOut Proxies is far behind some other proxy providers.
The only location that they cover is the US.
Even then, you are limited to:
- New York
How Much Does IcedOut Proxies Cost?
IcedOut Proxies has monthly and weekly deals. Here, take a look at some of them:
They are quite pricey and can go up to thousands of dollars if you use IcedOut Proxies for a longer period, but that wasn’t even our biggest problem with them:
They are heavily overpriced.
Some other proxy providers have a much broader range of features and yet are much more affordable.
The best alternative is Proxyland:
- The price is only $29 per 10GB
- They don’t have astronomical monthly commitments (in fact, they don’t have them at all)
- You can pay as you go and use the data whenever you want
- More advanced features
- 99.9% uptime
- Over 100 countries (as opposed to 1 with IOP)
- Data monitoring
- Easy setup
- The possibility to get discounts
IcedOut Proxies vs. Competitors
All things considered, check out how IcedOut Proxies scores against the most popular competitors:
Is IcedOut Proxies Safe, Legit, Or a Scam?
IcedOut Proxies is legit; there’s no reason to question that.
The fact that their services fail to meet the industry standards is a whole another thing, but we can’t deny that their proxies are safe to use.
IcedOut Proxies Pros and Cons
Which ones do prevail, advantages or disadvantages of IcedOut Proxies?
See for yourself:
|Reliable proxies||Asks for HUGE monthly commitments|
|Legit company||Just three locations to select from|
|You can reach CS only via Discord|
|Residential pricing plans are not transparent|
|Unsuitable for individuals and smaller companies|
Better IcedOut Proxies Alternatives
IcedOut Proxies is not the best proxy provider out there, even though its high price tag suggests otherwise.
So, I think it’s fair to say that there are some better alternatives that both have better features and are cheaper.
The title of the best IcedOut Proxies alternative goes to Proxyland.
Because you’ll get:
- A large proxy pool
- Over 100 countries to choose from (with IOP, you only can use the US)
- Fast IPs
- Easy setup
- Intuitive dashboard
- More use cases than with IOP
- Budget-friendly deals (only $2.9 per GB)
- The data doesn’t expire
Seems like a much better deal, don’t you agree?
Should You Try IcedOut Proxies or Not?
It depends on what you need them for.
If you are only going to use proxies for sneaker copping, maybe – multiple testimonies on Twitter show that IOP has proved to be quite successful for that purpose.
But even that is not available if you don’t have an enormous budget to dedicate to their proxies.
IcedOut Proxies is for you if:
- You only want to find limited deals on sneakers
- You don’t mind that your IPs are time-limited and release-based
- You are a large corporation that has a big budget to spend on proxies
IcedOut Proxies is not for you if:
- You need more use cases (SEO & SERP analysis, data scraping, etc.)
- You are a solopreneur
- You have a limited budget
- You don’t fancy huge monthly or weekly commitments
- You are a small or mid-sized business
- Want advanced location targeting
- Want to use IPs from multiple countries
More affordable alternative: Proxyland
- Pay-as-you go pricing plans
- The price is just $29 for 10GB of data
- Suitable offers for solopreneurs and all companies
- Excellent uptime
- Fast response
- Possibilities for bundles and discounts
- Much better location targeting
If your main reason for using proxies is sneaker bots, IcedOut Proxies might be for you.
Still, if you are planning on copping sneakers on a large scale, know that it’s going to be pretty expensive with IOP.
A better alternative is a proxy provider that offers a larger proxy pool, better geotargeting options, and cheaper pricing plans: Proxyland.